• Demolition - Pulling the parts off of the donor car.|
• New parts - The new and unique parts required for this project.
• Battery system - The original sealed lead acid battery system.
• Getting the lead out! - In 2011 the lead batteries were replaced with lithium batteries.
• Motor - The motor, controller and adaptor plate.
• Vacuum pump - Needed for the power brakes.
• Heater - Installing an electric heater core.
• A Public Showing - The first public showing, Earth Day 2010.
• Azure Dynamics & Solectria Achives
|Design a Battery Pack
Using the online Battery List & Pack Calculator.
• Top-Balancing the Lithium Pack (12 min.) - Using an old MIG welder to top-balance the lithium battery pack.
• Crusin' on Kilowatts (2 min.) - My electric Saturn featured on the local ABC news affiliate in central Pennsylvania.
• Overview (10 min.) - A quick overview covering the highlights of the Saturn EV conversion from beginning to end.
• Spinning the Wheels (5 min.) - Demonstration of the electric motor spinning the wheels and regenerative braking.
• What is the 21st Century Automotive Challenge (7 min.)
• 21st Century Automotive Challenge - Day 1 (10 min.)
• 21st Century Automotive Challenge - Day 2 (5 min.)
• 21st Century Automotive Challenge- Day 3 (8 min.)
• This is one of several videos that I did for my day job, voice-over is not me. (5 min.)